ICEGOV - 11th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Government
02. April 2018 - 05. April 2018
National University of Ireland, Galway
This year´s conference topic: Transforming Digital Governance for Sustainable and Resilient Societies
On April 3rd BRZ jointly with the Federal Ministry of Digital, Business and Enterprise and the Danube University Krems is hosting the workshop:
Disruption or Evolution?
How to employ Blockchain-Technology in the Public Sector
In this Workshop, we will explore the potential of Blockchain in use cases in the public sector. One of the pilots is aiming at assessing the potential of the technology in digital delivery. A second pilot tests the feasibility of an e-Register application running on a Blockchain. Both pilots have been developed by the Austrian Federal Computing Centre in cooperation with public administration. Based on our inputs, we will focus on the following items:
- Discuss potential use cases for Blockchain;
- Define criteria which assess the benefit of blockchain based solutions;
- Discuss prerequisites for Blockchain use in the Public Sector (legal, democratic, ... aspects).
- Sharing of best-practices/pilot projects with Blockchain
- Define areas of e-Government which could benefit from Blockchain technology
- Valid criteria catalogue for blockchain use in the public sector
For more information and registration see here.